#GIVINGTUESDAYNOW | A GLOBAL DAY OF GIVING AND UNITY
On May 5, 2020 we come together as a global community. To give. To help. To thank. To heal.
WHAT IS GIVINGTUESDAYNOW?
#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of generosity and unity, a day to come together and give back in response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19, no matter who or where we are. Whether you give your voice, goods, your time, or your money, let’s come together on behalf of our communities and help people in need.
Generosity can help alleviate the isolation and loneliness that many of us feel during this time. Our ability to give help and hope gives us agency, dispelling feelings of powerlessness. Even as we practice physical distancing, we can remain connected through kindness and generosity even without physical proximity.
In partnership with the Gila Watershed Partnership, you can show your support for Giving Tuesday Now by helping to support other local non-profits:
PURCHASE PLANTS FROM GWP TO BE DONATED TO ONE OF THREE ORGANIZATIONS:
- Donate a veggie plant to Our Neighbor’s Farm and Pantry for $2 each. Now more than ever, people rely on the food that Our Neighbor’s Farm and Pantry – a Safford-based community garden and food pantry – provides. With your help, clients can take home their own heirloom vegetable plants to provide them with an independent source of food.
- Donate a cacti to SEACUS for $10 each. Senior citizens are most at risk, and many are experiencing isolation. SEACUS is a local non-profit that enriches senior’s lives through meals on wheels, social activities, and connections with much-needed resources. Help SEACUS brighten a senior’s day by donating a beautiful cactus!
- Donate a tree to the Safford Treehouse Project for $10 each. Two Safford teenagers created a campaign dedicated to getting people to plant trees locally and keep our communities clean. All trees donated will be planted in our community by their organization.
HOW TO PURCHASE PLANTS TO BE DONATED:
- Send your purchase to email@example.com. Include the following information:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Which organization(s) you would like to donate to
- The # of veggie plants/cacti/trees you would like to purchase to be donated.
- You will receive a reply email with an invoice and payment options, which include:
- Pay through secure PayPal link in email (you do not need a PayPal account to complete payment)
- Call Julie at (928) 424-3886 to complete payment by phone
- GWP will deliver all donated plants to the three organizations on May 6-7. Watch us on Facebook Live as we deliver the donations!
GILA WATERSHED PARTNERSHIP IS ALSO PARTICIPATING IN #GIVINGTUESDAYNOW ON FACEBOOK IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
On May 5th, check out GWP’s Facebook page at WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/GILAWATERSHEDPARTNESHIP:
- GWP will be posting and sharing good news stories – both from our organization and other stories that have inspired GWP staff. We want to showcase all the good happening in our community!
- 24 hours of gratitude: GWP will be hosting a virtual thank-a-thon to post about things our organization is grateful for, to thank local health care workers, teachers, and community leaders.
- GWP is hosting a Facebook Fundraising Campaign to raise funds to support our restoration, water quality, and community engagement work to protect the Upper Gila Watershed.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO TO PARTICIPATE IN #GIVINGTUESDAYNOW?
At a time when families are home together, a day to focus on the power of generosity, #GivingTuesdayNow, is a great opportunity to work together to help and heal our communities – and to establish family habits that will last far beyond this crisis.
GivingTuesday’s youth leaders came up with ideas for how kids and families can participate in #GivingTuesdayNow. Of course, we encourage you and your family to get creative. Use these examples as a jumping off point or generate your own generosity ideas. And remember, distancing and safety regulations are different in every city and country, so we encourage you to adapt ideas to fit the safety needs of your community.
FOR QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN #GIVINGTUESDAYNOW, CONTACT:
Gila Watershed Partnership